The Operations Analyst will support operational projects and data driven decision making. This role will develop, sustain and improve actionable analytic solutions and, with internal stakeholders, support the implementation of technical and business process enhancements to improve productivity in the stores and reduce costs. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, some experience with project management, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
The Operations Analyst role necessitates interfacing and working with many business partners in both the Field and the Store Support Center. As a member of the Store Operations team, you will play an important role in providing clear communication to enable flawless execution in the stores. You will be a conduit between the Field and the Store Support Center and having a working knowledge of TWM operating and/or inventory systems.
• Develop and maintain routine and ad hoc reporting tools
• Navigate internal systems to extract and transform data into actionable insights for Store Operations initiatives
• Oversee model and process for allocating store equipment to new and existing stores
Business Process Management
• Support field use and corporate enhancement of company inventory program
• Gather business requirements and perform cost/benefit analyses
• Support business partners in executing initiatives efficiently
• Develop store communications that are accurate, clear, and concise
• Support critical in store processes relating to inventory and item management
• Promote communication and collaboration across the organization
• Interface with store team to troubleshoot operational issues and gather feedback on process opportunities
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
• BS/BA required in Business, Finance, or Operations
• 2-4 Years of operations and/or analytics experience
• Strong business acumen and attention detail
• Curiosity and propensity to ask what, why, how?
• Self-starter with eagerness to seek out context and answers
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Proficient Excel Skills (lookups, pivot tables, etc and basic SQL/database skills
• Interest in process improvement
• Strong verbal and written skills with developing presentation skills
• Ability to work some nights and weekends if necessary.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
• Masters of Business Administration
• Expert Level Excel Skills (macros, VBA) and proficient knowledge of SQL and database relationships
• Experience working with Microsoft Sharepoint
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodations):
This position will require some time spent in the stores - physical requirement store visits are:
• Ability to climb ladders
• Lift up to 50 lbs.
• Stand for long periods of time
About Total Wine & More
Total Wine & More is America‘s Wine Superstore®—the country‘s largest independent retailer of fine wine. We started in 1991 when brothers David and Robert Trone opened two wine stores in Delaware. Today, our typical store carries more than 8,000 wines from every wine-producing region in the world. In addition, Total Wine & More carries more than 2,500 beers, from America‘s most popular beers to hard-to-find microbrews and imports, and more than 3,000 different spirits from every price range and category.
Our strength is our people. We are always looking for motivated, talented team members who are interested in working for a company with entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class service. Our retail stores and corporate office (called the Store Support Center) provide opportunities for career growth and advancement. Offering competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, we strive to ensure that all Team Members feel that they are a part of the business, as they are valuable resources to our customers, co-workers, and communities.
Drug Free Workplace